Thursday, November 8, 2007

Word on the street....

Is that this Sunday Jamarcus Russell will be listed as the 2nd string quarterback. I was listening to 1140 a.m. (it's as close to a Raider flagship that we are going to get at this point) and they regularly have Raider players mostly Miller the TE and they have Greg Poppa in the mornings. The host hinted to Russell being listed at #2 for Sundays game. When miller finally came on he asked him point blamk: "A little birdy told me that Jamarcus Russell will be listed as the #2 quarterback for Sunday against the bears. Is this true." Miller didn't deny it just said that Russell has been taking a lot of snaps in practice but that McCown definitely will start and has taken the majority of the snaps with the first team.

Although I definitely know that Russell will not make us winners this season I definitely know that he needs as much experience this year as possible to be able to make next year interesting. With the same system and continuity at quarterback and hopefully running back w/Bush, Fargas or Jordan back there I definitely know next year will be an improvement. I know I'm not in the locker room like the blogs from the Trib and shit like that but the guys that post comments on their blogs say some crazy shit!! The other day there was a comment like "the Raiders are 2 games out and they can win the division and make the playoffs!" WTF honestly in a way I don't even want to make the playoffs with the way we are playing this season, unless they did a complete turnaround and started blowing everyone away!!

OK so let me play GM for a minute. There is a lot of grumbling that Chad Johnson is on his way out of cinci. What do they need? A running back!! Guess what we have? 4 viable running backs. Guess what we need? A speedy wide out! I say we trade one of our running backs along w/Jerry Porter or Ronald Curry (preferably) to cinci for Chad Johnson. This guys has been a terror until this year although his first four games he was tearing it up!! It's a win win. If they want we could even throw in a second or third rounder. We need a speed wide out to stretch the defense.

Although I'm in the minority here I think the O-line will be better next year w/maybe a change or two. This is a position that doesn't come around overnight. YES I called the whole O-lin "A" position because in reality that's what it is. It's 5-6 guys that have to work as one. It takes time for them to meld together and start working as one. Remember the O-line from the 5-6 years ago. Lincoln Kennedy, Steve Wisniewski, Barret Robins, etc. They were together for a while before turning into something as great as they were. They are a way underrated O-Line in NFL history. They were AWESOMe. Don't know if you guys listen to KNBR but that whiny "Razor" is the biggest Raider and Al Davis hater ever BUT just the other day he called that generation of Raider offensive lines a "thing of beauty" and said he never seen anything like it.

Well whoever's making out to the game this Sunday-have fun, don't get too crazy and lay off McCown a little. It's not ALL his fault. As soon as my kids get a little older I will be buying season tickets for me and my son. Until then I'll stick to my 1-2 games a year. Damn I miss the days of going to just about every game!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another week, another Loss yet again.

Unknown said...

Well, you must be glad you didn't go to this game. I don't know what is worse at this point, a loss or such a boring ass game!

Looks like the Raiders will be getting a pretty high draft pick once again.