Monday, October 8, 2007

Sunday Vs. The chargers

Ok did you guys see san diego steam roll denver? Could this be them finally waking up and responding to "the great norv turner". Let's hope this was a fluke. The stomped denver 41-3. WTF did they take some No-Doze and finally wake up and decide they are actually good? I saw that "rumor mill" article on the Oakland Trib website. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it although I think the Raiders are all for getting better any way possible. If there is any truth to any part of that article I would be surprised to see them trade Gerard Warren or Warren Sapp. Although Sapp has no sacks to date he has been a disrupting force this year. I could definitely see how the weight loss has benefited him. Just about avery pass play he is in there chasing the QB. It's only a matter of time before he gets a couple in a game once or twice.

Did you guys see they let go of the running back w/the hard to pronunce name-I believe he is Nambi's cousin. I knw I could go back and find his name but I'm trying to finish this post before work starts and don't have the time!! He should be a good pick up for someone like green bay who is lacking a running back. Speaking of green bay-charles woodson looked good last night until he fumbled a kick return!! I don't wish him any ill will but I used to love that guy and can't stand that he left for the $$. I think he would have made an awesome free safety fr us had he bulked up a little bit.

We still have one too many quarterbacks and one too many runnning backs. It would be a good idea to dangle them out there as trade bait to try to pick up a fast wide receiver to open up the offense a little bit. With so many teams out of contention so early in the season, there may be a lot of teams trying to unload salaries and disgtuntled players. Look for something like this too happen soon with Rhodes being back from suspension and McCown looking healthier. I seriously doubt we will see McCown start another game this season, especially if Culpepper does good against san diego. I think we are more likely to see Jamarcus start before McCown.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Weird how the Raiders are currently ranked 26th in Defense after being so good last year. Whatever they changed they need to unchange it, and start some blitzing. the QB always has so much time to sit in the pcoket and look for the open receiver that the Raiders get lit up!

Zay said...

Well last year they started slow as well. Not this slow though!! I agree that ryan has to start blitzing some. When asked he always says "I can get 'em with my front four." It's not happening so far. They need to not only blitz a 'backer every once in a while but maybe a corner blitz or even run a safety. Why not Schwagart it's not like he ever DOESN"T get burnt. That fool is horrible and needs to be cut!!