Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My kid made me proud yesterday!!

Ok here goes my first post all. Well yesterday as my wife (Nina) is getting my 3yo son (Jose) ready for school, she throws on a black Raider pull over. My son stops her and says "Mommy, the Raiders are cool and the forty niners suck." Nina says "Why is that?" He says "Because my daddy says so and that's the way it is"..........sniff sniff when she told me that it brought a tear to my eyes.  Alright so the Raiders where do I begin. We finally got Russell signed which is a relief. Not that he will contribute much this year but at least the circus will come to an end. He better be worth the wait!!! As far as last Sunday goes....

I think that Culpepper should be starting but in all fairness to McCown-he looked ok. He threw for over 300 yards. He just doesn't have the experience that is needed under pressure to win a game in the closing minutes. If HE was our quarterback of the future I wouldn't mind leaving him in there to get that experience. But in all likelihood whoever is the QB this year is one and done so the obvious choice would be Culpepper. You also have to remember that Culpepper has been out for 2 years basically. This year is going to be fucked up-Kiffin wiped the slate clean. Everyone's gone: players, coaches even front office staff. Honestly-thank God!! we needed a fresh start. It won't be impossible to go .500 but it would be amazing. Everyone in the Nation has to be patient. What does everyone think is going to happen next year w/Russell starting-he will take his lumps and learn on the fly to!! Look for a miserable next 2 seasons-they'll look great 1 or 2 quarters or even for 1 or 2 games then suck ass for the next 2. They don't have clear leaders such as Gannon, Brown and Rice on offense YET to show them the way. Be patient grasshoppers, remember Gruden took 3 years to turn it around-look for the same w/Kiffin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

somebody get this guy a press pass!