Monday, September 17, 2007

Bronco game....

Ok so yesterday we got smoked by the Broncos. I know that we only lost by a field goal in O.T. but it was even that close. The offense laid down in the first half AGAIN and if it wasn't for a safety and an interception ran back for a TD and a 2 point coversion we would have only scored 10 points again. I don't hate Shanahan. I hate that he always beats our ass but I don't hate him just because for the last 4 seasons he's had a better team that us and always out coaches us. Was I pissed when they waived off that FG to make Yankikowski re-kick. HELL YA!! When he hit it I was screaming, jumping up and down the whole bit. Then I see Kif bringing everybody back-I was like "Hell no not again". But you know what what Shanahan did was completely legal and above all else.....genious!! I tip my hat to him. He does what everyone else would do in his position.....show up his former employer and keep proving that they made a mistake in letting him go.
When he got fired when he was our coach I was all for it. Most of us reading this were very young back then but let's try to think back to what he did....He tried to wipe the slate clean and bring on a new era of Raider football-mor disciplined and with much more structure than ever before in Los Angeles/Oakland. He tried to do what Gruden and now Kiffin are did and is doing now. Hopefully Mr. Davis let's evolution take place so we can see that the "Raider Way" is not always the right way. Sometimes you have to rebuild and not just reload!!
Ok McClown has to be benched-based on his skill level. Rich Gannon's guts must have been turning seeing this guy run an offense which is supposed to be similar to what we ran when he was here. On the 2 plays to Porter at the end which would have won the game basically-he over threw him then under threw him. This guys is not a starter, he is a lifetime back-up basically. He is someone you carry on your roster to plug in there in case of injury to not LOSE the game but not someone you start ahead of a Pro-Bowler!! We have the perfect excuse to bench him-broken finger and sore foot. Let's see Culpepper in there and see what he can do. Bottom line is we are not very good. A good team would have found a way to win yesterday. You sometimes go a season or 2 w/out a safety and you may get a score or 2 on defense every few games. When you get one of each and a 2 point conversion in a close game YOU BETTER FIND A WAY TO WIN. But I'll take my own advise and be patient!!

No comments: